frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

CPU usage limit ? (Plex transcoding)

Hello,

I just switch from a M vps to a L vps because on the M vps, the 2 CPU were always around 100% usage when I was using Plex doing transconding.

Now on the L vps, 2 cores are always 100%, and the last is around 50%. I had read somewhere that Time4VPS doesn't allow a CPU usage all the time at 100% ( I don't remember where I read that).

I don't really know virtualisation so I don't know the impact of a high CPU usage on others VPS.

Is it okay to have 2 cores at 100% multiple hours per day ?

Regards,
David L
Tagged:

Comments

• LawrenceLawrence Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello,

yes, we do not allow to use CPU 100% longer then one hour. Violating it can cause priority decreasing for your server's processes.
  • stibilastibila Member
    edited March 2017
    Is it 1 hour per day? Or is it OK after every 50 minutes of 100% CPU usage to stop CPU usage for 10 minutes and then use 100% again? Or is it OK to use CPU 50% nonstop?

With multi CPU VPS, is it counting per core?
  • RomanRoman Member
    stibila said:
    is it OK after every 50 minutes of 100% CPU usage to stop CPU usage for 10 minutes and then use 100% again?

With multi CPU VPS, is it counting per core?
    50 minutes you can push CPU load to higher end and than stop for a while is recommended.

For multi CPU it is counting per core.