frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Installing a graphical deskop requiring fuse

david_puoldavid_puol Member
edited September 2016 in Sales Questions and Answers
Hello,

I'd like to install a graphical desktop (xfce) so I can setup a VNC server.
So I simply did "apt-get install xfce4" but during the installation, I get this error

/run/udev or .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev. Aborting MAKEDEV invocation.
chmod: cannot access '/dev/fuse': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package fuse (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
fuse
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I saw here that fuse was not supported.

So, how can I install xfce ? I read this tuto to install gnome and a VNC server, but I have the same issue with gnome.

Thank you,
D. LOUP
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

could you provide us with an OS you are using? Because we didn't manage to recreate an issue with Ubuntu 16.04.

"Install GNOME Desktop Environment & VNC Server" tutorial have been tested before it was published and no issues occurred.
  • david_puoldavid_puol Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello,

I'm using debian 8.5. I only installed openVPN and proftpd after the OS was deployed on the VPS.

uname -a
    Linux 24070.s.t4vps.eu 2.6.32-042stab116.2 #1 SMP Fri Jun 24 15:33:57 MSK 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Thank you for your quick response
  • Hey,

we managed to recreate this issue. It occurs because we do not support FUSE and "fuse" folder do not exist in server. However you can bypass it by creating it with:

touch /dev/fuse

When executing this command before "apt-get install xfce4" installation process do not face any issue.
  • xfce and vnc server installed and working ! Thanks a lot !