frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

HELP please: DirectAdmin+CSF The VPS iptables rule limit (numiptent) is too low

asyagasyasyagasy Member
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
Hey, I tried to block a whole contry IP in my VPS
My firewall CSF is allowing that but when I set everythig it tells me

The VPS iptables rule limit (numiptent) is too low to add 6892 rules
Does someone know how do I incrase the numiptent?

I've checked Google and pepole there tell each other to change /etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts/veid.conf but... I don't have such a file :(

How can I solve it?

I've Directadmin 5.2 and Centos 6

Comments

• GiedriusGiedrius Administrator

I asume you have a Standard VPS server, which is using OpenVZ virtualization. This virtualization has iptables rules limit, which is 4096. So it means you can have more than 4096 iptables rules.

In this case you could try using IP subnet, instead of single IP address, for example: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/XX
  • Is there a way to block whole contry? For example China?
  • GiedriusGiedrius Administrator
    As I understand, you have tried to do it already, but there was too many rules. So in this case I am not sure you would be able to do that on a Standard VPS.

However, KVM  VPS has it's own kernel and you could have as many rules as you want.