frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Removing Virtualmin from Webmin Template

Hi,

I just deployed a storage-type VPS and used the Webmin on CentOS 6 template; while I understand that this installs extra components, like Apache, that I might not use, I am willing to work within those limits and remove those packages after the fact. 

However, the one component that the Webmin template installs is VIRTUALMIN, which makes ZERO sense when running on a virtual machine itself.  How might I cleanly remove the VirtualMin component while keeping Webmin fully intact for everything else?

PS:  I recommend changing the default webmin theme provided in the template to a "grey themed" one - the newest themes are heavy on the GUI stuff, and can bog down the server; and it's really not necessary as long as you have decided to USE Webmin itself and not stick to the shell/cli.

Tagged: